Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Choc and Lena"


Lena was my translator while in Ukraine and wow what a translator she was. I grew very close to her throughout our trip because she was my voice. She was there beside of me when I did my first photography Seminar ever and I was totally scared to death. She did great! Then later she translated every word for the Abuse Seminar and did a wonderful job. Can you imagine trying to translate for me with my southern accent? She did it and was awesome. We also spent time together at the orphanages and the home for elderly. We witness to many people about their salvation. We met a lady that allowed us to pray the sinners pray with her and to tell her the story of salvation and we both felt the lady truly accepted Christ that day. Lena was so excited and after that I told her just go for it and I will pray and it was amazing to watch the Holy Spirit to take over her entire being and use her as a tool to share the gospel. It was amazing and I was so very proud of her.

Her husband Choc is the assistant Pastor at Calvary Chapel of Nezhyn. He will be helping the new Pastor nurture the church as Paul and Gretchen have left and have now placed the church back into the hands of the Nezhyn Nationals.

Lena was to start working with people with addictions and I know she will do a wonderful job. I can see her in the future working in the counseling ministry in which I pray will get started with the material I left for them. Since she was translating the message that day on abuse she will have a good feel for what to say.

I fell in love with them both and pray that they will do great and mighty work. They have only been married for a couple of months. The picture above is Choc and Lena Wedding picture. God Bless you both and I know God will use you greatly.

No comments: