Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Paul, Gretchen, Kaylee, Ashley and Jesiah



Paul and Gretchen have been in Ukraine for the past 8 years I believe and the time finally came when God said it was time to come home. They have done such a wonderful job with the church and from what I could discern the church is more than ready to stand on their own.

Our team of six stayed with Paul and Gretchen during our missions trip. Wow they were awesome. Gretchen is one great cook and fed us everyday like we were royalty. What a wonderful servant she is. Paul doesn't cook but he eats well. Paul kept trying to make me drink something called kwas and it tasted like nothing I have ever had in my mouth before. I do believe I spit this across the room and the next morning I put a note on the bottle that said, "Do not drink - poison" it was bad! Well Paul thought this was funny so every time I turned around I am looking at this drink. Remember Paul you are coming home and I will get revenge. This was really the only thing that I had while there on my visit that I truly hated.

Paul and Gretchen have three wonderful children. How cute they are and what a blessing to be around. They are very well behaved and would make anyone want to have children. Great job Paul and Gretchen on being parents. You have done a great job.

I know the church there will miss them greatly but Paul and Gretchen will carry them in their hearts forever. What a joy to have met Paul and Gretchen and the children and to had the opportunity to have spent sometime with them.

Thank you again for all you did for us.

No comments: