Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ukraine Street Kids The Reality of what is



We in America have no idea how hard life is for so many children who have been placed in the streets everywhere in the Ukraine. So many children are abandon every year. While in Nezhyn we had the opportunity to witness to some of these children

We had a group of streetkid come to Paul's and Gretchen home for a time of fellowship with them. We had crafts, face painting and Balloons and some food. For a short period of time they could forget everything and just be kids.

I had the awesome opportunity to speak to these children about bitterness and anger towards the parents and life in general. I told them that Jesus loved them no matter what and that He wanted them to growup to be strong men and women. I had their full attention the whole time I spoke. It was amazing.

My heart hurts for these children. I know that many want to help in Ukraine but so many of them just cannot. They barely can take care of their own. Tanya one of the translators wants to open a home for some of these kids. I pray I can see that happen and help in anyway I can.

Thank you Lord for Jesus I know the pain of the children has been seen and heard by our Lord.

3 comments:

Little Viky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Time of Joy Photography said...

Viky, this is something that people in America do not know about or have not come face to face with yet. My prayer is this blog will help those who have not gone to Ukraine see the need and help people like you and the others help these children.

CrossRoads Foundation said...

Thank you for your heart for Ukrainian street children and for putting our video on your blog. Their situation is indeed sad and very overwhelming. But God is good and I have been blessed seeing many change their lives. This is possible. Many ministries and organizations are working in Ukraine to help them. Please pray for these children and those of us who help them......thank you!